Demetra H gives us a rundown of where her head is at in Austin.
7. This stack of many chairs: is this an art installation or storage logistics gone wrong? We’ll never know:
6. This really cool dog; Austin knows how to welcome a lady:
5. This picture of a snapchat; look closely: (I’m sorry Julie)
4. These graphics: to be honest, I have no idea what’s going on here. I’d rather not even try to describe it. Just watch the video.
3. This chair from the future.
2. This “roscoe’s” taco from Torchy’s. Inspired by my hometown Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles: a flour tortilla filled with a fried waffle, a fried egg, fried chicken, bacon, and maple syrup. I ate it, and was immediately filled with a mixture of pride/disgust that I have never felt before.
1. Sad Guy at Mohawke (official artist rendering); I spent most of last night at Mohawk listening to Surfer Blood and Divine Fits. But I also spent most of last night staring at a man posted by the port-a-potties. He looked indescribably sad, and only moved once over a 5 hour period. I don’t know why the sad man was so sad, or why he was alone near the gross bathrooms staring like Jay Gatsby over the green light of the stage, but he was pretty weird/cool:
words and pictures by Demetra.