We’ve come to the end of the semester here on SportsWeek. But we went out with a packed show and a couple holiday treats — fun for the whole family! We’ll see you at a timeslot TBD in January 2013.
- 1:50 — We discuss the upcoming bowl schedule, naming our most anticipated and most overrated bowls, along with the bowls with the most ridiculous names.
- 18:40 — The debate you’ve been waiting for: was it okay for Spurs coach Gregg Popovich to sit his star players against the Miami Heat? And what kind of precedent does David Stern’s fine set for the league?
- 30:25 — Looking for sports-related holiday gifts under $2? We’ve got you covered here on SportsWeek, with ideas including $1 tickets to Suns at Bucks, and $0.99 VHS copies of D2: The Mighty Ducks!
- 37:40 — The NCAA announced big sanctions for little Caltech over the summer…but the reason, and the Yale connection, strike us as totally ridiculous. We discuss — and give an IMPORTANT warning for Yale athletes next semester.
- 47:15 — Updates about Yale hockey, basketball (who take on Florida AT YALE on Jan. 6), and volleyball.
- 52:40 — Sports Underscores with Tayo Ajayi: Where was Rex Ryan’s backup plan?
Comments, questions, or ideas for next semester? Let me know at email@example.com!