On this edition of SportsWeek:
- The first week of the NBA regular season is in the books. Who stands out so far?
- The NHL is still locked out…what are the consequences? We mostly end up talking about the MLS instead, showing you how dearly we care.
- Guan Tianlang, a 14-year-old, has qualified for the Masters. But was his qualifying tournament legitimate?
- Even though the BCS is stupid and everyone knows it is, we talk about how stupid it is anyway, with five undefeated teams left and only two championship game spots.
- Evan interviews Katie Chockley, a co-coordinator of Athletes and Allies, a Yale organization that seeks to promote understanding and awareness of issues facing LGBT athletes.
- We briefly discuss last week’s Yale football loss, and go over the schedule for men’s basketball.
- Finally, Tayo brings us his weekly “Sports Underscores,” noting some interesting parallels between two NFL Draft classes.
Podcast player is below!